Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dilly Beans - Pink & Orange

I was super excited to have both an occasion and a challenge to use a newly acquired Dilly Beans image for.  My Aunt's birthday is just around the corner, and we'll be having a little get together with her and my mom who will be up visiting from Florida (yay!) it's her Birthday in August too!  I have been wanting to use this adorable mermaid since I got her (I have a thing for mermaids).  I saw that the challenge over at Dilly Beans Challenge Blog was Pink and Orange, definitely not a color combo I would have thought of for this but I thought I would give it a go!  This is my first foray coloring hair something other than "natural" colors, and I love the way it turned out.  This is a super fun color combo, and was a ton of fun to make. 
Mermaid is colored with Copics, with glitter pen and glossy accents added to her eyes, a few highlights with a white Gelly Roll pen, and some eucalyptus stickles added to her tail.
Sketch came from #212 Sketch Saturday

Papers:  Recollections "Cupcake Cuties" cardstock
Embellies:  Genevieve Gail Felt Stickers Boho Collection "Flowers", Making Memories Trims - Animal Crackers/Jack, Darice Gems "Earth".
That's about all, folks.  Almost the weekend, just a few more days to get through.  Now off to bed with me before I turn into a pumpkin!  (or just a crankypants).  G'Nite!

Jazzy T

6 comments:

Jovan said...

Beautiful card!

Kathy said...

OMG Jasmine!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. That is my fave color combo. Your coloring is fabulous, especially the pink hair. This is just gorgeous, everything about it is perfect. Your aunt will love it.

Melissa S. said...

I Love this. The way you used the colors is just perfect. Your coloring of the image is also beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Dilly Beans this week.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh Jasmine, this is just stunning. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans!

She's a Color Queen said...

Totally MARVELOUS! Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us this week at Dilly Beans!

Regan said...

Gorgeous! Your coloring is just phenomenal! Love her hair! The gel pen highlights are fantastic! And the Stickles on her tail! Not to mention those amazing flowers! Oh, I just love it all! :)
{hugs}
Regan