Monday, July 9, 2012

40th Anniversary

Recently, my in-laws celebrated their 40th Anniversary!  We had a little mini surprise celebration for them at a 4th of July BBQ.  They are an amazing couple, they are very loving, doting grandparents, and are very good to their children and our families as well.  I hope that the hubby and I can make it that long (although we will be old farts by then, lol!).  I was more than happy to make a card for this wonderful occasion, and knew it had to be very special.  I chose Tom and Tilly from Mo's Digital Pencil to work with.  Mo's images are so well done, you really can't go wrong.
Of course, I made an easel card, my new go-to for when I can't  work in the sentiment on the front.  I may need an easel card intervention soon!  I colored with Copics, and kept the design simple except for the big bunch of flowers.  I was going to use a big doily die cut in the background, but I was having the hardest time getting it to work, it just wouldn't cut all the way through the paper.  I finally decided to return it, and felt a little better when no one in the store could get it to work either.  At least it wasn't just me!  They seemed to really like it, and the little surprise party.  Hopefully they will celebrate many more :-). 
Papers:  My Mind's Eye - 29th Street Market, Lovely Lines/Very Violet
Embellies:  W.O.C. cherry blossoms and roses.
Challenges:  Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Craft a Scene - In The Garden
Fussy and Fancy  - Fancy Folds
Bronte and Bella's Challenge - Anything Goes

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Monday (as wonderful as a Monday can be anyways!)

Jazzy T

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Ahh! Such a sweet card! Love the colours.

Saw you on Make it Monday!
Wedgie xxx

NancyD said...

Oh, that is a great image. I have a bench in my garden too and my husband and I like to sit and talk and take in the garden scene. Fortunately we are not that grey yet! Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month. NancyD

Tonya said...

So sweet. I love the image.

Regan said...

Bwahaha! An easel intervention! You are too funny! What doily die gave you trouble? Naughty thing! This card is oh so sweet! Skillfully colored and love the flowers! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Pat said...

I agree, 40 years is an amazingly fabulous accomplishment! Congrats to your in-laws! Such a sweet card...I love Tom & Tilly...and your coloring is soooo pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

brenda said...

A great card and beautifully coloured.

Thank you so much for joining us In the Garden at Craft a Scene this month.

B x

Pia S said...

I really like this image! The papers you've chosen are beautiful and works SO well with the colors you've used to color this image, and the flowers are so decorative! Spotted this on MIM.

Pia S said...

I really like this image! The papers you've chosen are beautiful and works SO well with the colors you've used to color this image, and the flowers are so decorative! Spotted this on MIM.

Karen said...

Lovin' your sentiment that you put with this wonderfully sweet image.
Great all round card design - a lot of effort for a great result. Smiles.
Thank for joining us this week and good luck!
Don't forget to check back next week to see if you made my Pick Of The Week!

Smiles -  Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

Scrap Affair said...

This is one of my favorite images ever! :)
It's just warms my heart, love at ANY age is beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene this month.

sammi said...

Beautiful card. I seen your creation on Make it Monday.

Tracy said...

Ahhh I just used this couple on a card of my own. Aren't they great! You did a beautiful coloring job. Congrats to your in-laws! :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

loz said...

Hi. Just dropping by from Make-it-Monday to see your beautiful card..loz

Nicola said...

Beautiful easel card Jasmine with a fab image and gorgeous colour combo!
Thanks for entering our Fancy Fold challenge for Fussy and Fancy this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

mamapez5 said...

I love your choice of colours, and you have used your copics to great effect on the happy couple. Well done on a beautiful card. I saw it on MIM. Kate x

karalschuknecht said...

I saw your card on MIM and I also have used this image. I really like how you have colored this couple.

Anna-Karin said...

Super sweet card! I love that image and you coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene!

Paper Panda said...

Hi, Saw you card over at Make it Monday - its beautiful!
Mandy x

Deanna said...

This is just one of my favorite images. Beautiful Card!