Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OMG UR 16!


I really really cannot believe it, but my stepson is turning 16! today.  I have known him since he was 6 years old, when I first met him and his dad (the hubby).  It's so crazy that we have gone from giving him stuffed animals and board games to having to think about ipods and a car.  He is a good "kid", although we do hope that we all make it through this teen phase in one piece.  There are definitely challenges for both teens and their parents that nothing can really prepare you for!  He is an amazing artist, his passion at the moment is drawing Manga characters, and he loves all things related to Japan.  He also has his own blog on Tumblr, though I don't quite "get" the whole Tumblr thing admittedly.
I wanted to make him a special card for his big day, and ended up picking the image Paul Texting from Mo's Digital Pencil shop.  He is never without his phone, and is always typing away with someone.  Mo's images are just so well done, I really love her work.

Sketch: #97 from Tuesday Morning Sketches by Melissa Craig

Papers:  Map paper by Paper Pizazz, background is Cosmo Cricket, "Twist & Shout", B+W stripes are from the Lady Couture stack.
Embellishments:  Ribbon, brad & pearls from stash.  The charm was actually from a pair of Converse recently purchased.  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be a perfect addition to this card!

It's so very cliche, but it truly is amazing how quickly time flies by, and how fast your kids grow up, especially the older you get.  Definitely treasure every day!  Turning 16 always makes me think of a lyric from a Joni Mitchell song called the Circle Game (you must listen to it if you've never heard it). 

"Sixteen springs and sixteen summers gone now,
  Cartwheels turn to carwheels through the town
  And they tell him, "Take your time.  It won't be long now.
  Til' you drag your feet to slow the circles down."

Sorry if I am waxing philosophic too much!  Have a wonderful day.

Jazzy T

1 comment:

Regan said...

Happy belated birthday to Robbie! I hope he had an awesome day! Your card is just perfect for him! Top notch coloring and love the papers you chose! Great sentiment too! And it's okay, we're allowed to be philosophic about our kids growing up! Just wait until our two little ones turn 16! Eek! lol
{hugs}
Regan