Thursday, April 5, 2012

Heartfelt Sympathy


Most cards I make are for joyous or fun celebrations or occasions.  Sadly this card was made for the loss of a beloved dog.  My stepbrother and his wife lost their little Pomeranian Luna on Monday.  She was 8 years old, and it was rather sudden, needless to say they are both heartbroken.  She was a smart, adorable, fluffy love and companion to them both.  I am so very sorry for their loss.  Here is Luna:
Isn't she just the cutest?  I have a 13 year old Cocker Spaniel, Snickers who is definitely showing signs of aging, and I know it is only a matter of time now before he passes on.  Sometimes something sad like this is a good reminder to treasure all the moments we have together. 

At first I was thinking of using a dog image for the card, then I starting thinking of angels, and I found this lovely little "peace angel" sitting on a moon over at A Day for Daisies.  She is colored with Copics, and I added some Icicle Stickles on her wings, and Eucalyptus Stickles on her dress.  I sponged a little Studio G "Chalks" yellow around the image after cutting with a circle die cut.  I embossed the pink paper using a swiss dots cuttlebug embossing folder to give it some texture.  Sentiment is computer generated.  I found the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, and will enter for the challenge.

The rest of the details:
Papers:  Crate Paper, Paper Heart Collection, "Love Letter", and card stock from Stampin' Up
Embellishments:  Studio G Epoxy Brad (purchased at Walmart!), ribbon and pink & brown brads from stash.

Almost the weekend, that's always a plus.  Go and give your furry friends an extra pet and snuggle.

Jazzy T

9 comments:

Marie said...

What a wonderful card for such a sad occasion. Love the tiny touch of glitter on that adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trina said...

Gorgeous card! Sorry for the loss, but I know your relatives will appreciate your card.

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the colors and image!

Cheryl said...

What a pretty card. You've colored it beautifully. The moon image is perfect for Luna. I'm sure her "parents" were touched by the thoughtful card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Regan said...

This is so pretty and touching! What a beautiful card! I'm so sorry for their loss, but they will most certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness! I adore that image (may need to make her mine)! She is exquisitely colored, and the Stickles on her wings and dress are fabulous! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Angela said...

Sorry to hear about Luna.... Your card is beautiful...I bet it will be a great comfort to Luna's family to know you are thinking of them. Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card! I am truly sorry about the loss of a beloved family member. I'm sure your card will bring a light to your brother and his wife. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa said...

What a lovely card. The colors are so perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.