Thursday, May 31, 2012

Butterfly Birthday

Good morning!  Here is a quick card I did for a friend's sister.  She was absolutely no help at all (yes, Kelsey, I'm talking to you!) trying to pick out an image/theme to use.  She originally wanted something kind of Jersey Shore themed, but that was a bit challenging to find (although we found some seriously amusing images during our search!), we went from that to something sisterly, to purple and butterflies, so this is what I finally came up with.  I will admit that I tend to get stuck on wanting to use an image of a person, mostly because that's what I enjoy coloring the most, but it's good to be forced out of my comfort zone at times.  The image was a Freebie at Create With TLC that I can't seem to find the direct link to, maybe with some searching you could.  It is colored with Copics, and I added some stickles to the flowers and the butterfly wings.  One of the birds and the butterfly are popped up with foam squares.  The edges are sponged with Studio g orange Chalks ink.
The sketch was from My Time Made Easy - Pretty Patterns Sketch #56
Papers:  Recollections - "Purple Butterflies", My Mind's Eye - Bohemia - "Light Blue", 29th Street Market - "Very Violet", K&C - "Jubilee Purple Burst"
Embellies:  Recollections Brads, and Michaels Ribbon
I'm glad the sun is back out after some pretty dreary and dreadfully humid days, and I hope the pollen goes away soon, everything is just covered in yellow dust.  My poor hubby has never had allergies before but he seems to have developed them this season.  I'm going to take my chances and sit outside at the new picnic table at work to do some coloring at lunchtime.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, and then it's the weekend again already.  Gotta love short weeks!

Jazzy T

5 comments:

Regan said...

So pretty, Jasmine! Although s Jersey Shore card would have been funnier! Lol I made one once using Pitstop Penny from Kenny K and pink animal print paper. :) Love what you've done with this image, though! Such gorgeous colors & papers too!
{hugs}
Regan

Tonya said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love every little detail. The creations on your blog are wonderful. I became your follower.

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a truly stunning card. I love the umbrella embellishment and the matching background paper. The colors you used are so pretty.

Rene said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous!
I love butterflies!
Rene
PS I'm a follower of your blog now that I've peeked around a bit. Your work is so lovely!

MaRyKaY said...

what a pretty card. love it