Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Restful Mermaid Birthday

There are lots of March Birthdays in my family, this one is for my sister-in-law, who is from Australia.  She is a photographer who lives in L.A., but still has an amazing accent, I could listen to her talk all day.  I am a sucker for an accent of any kind!  This precious little mermaid is from A Day For Daisies, and is available as a Freebie with any $16 purchase.  I colored her with Copics and added some Eucalyptus Stickles.  Mermaids must sparkle, of course!  I also sponged around her first with "Stream" Adirondack Ink then "Snowflake" Martha Stewart ink over that.   Sketch was # 190 from Sketch Saturday, I veered off course a little, which is rare for me to do, but I felt  it just needed lots of embellishments.   

Papers:  "Blue/Newsprint" by Simple Basics, Year.o.graphy Collection;  crate paper "Friendship" from Paper Heart Collection.
Embellishments:  Pearl Swirls, Flower and Brads by Recollections from Michaels, Ticket from Tim Holtz Adage Ticket book (a new purchase SO excited to have these), Charm by Blue Moon purchased at Jo-Ann in the Jewelry Dept, ribbon and hemp from stash.

I am pretty excited to A.)  Finish a card other than for my design duties, and B.) actually do a post other than for the design team!  I don't know how some of you Crafters out there manage to squeeze in family, work and several new projects and posts a week.  Kudos to you!!

Happy Hump Day!  And stay safe tomorrow in the snow if you live in New England.  Doesn't it just figure, the one snow storm we do get this year is going to be the worst during the evening commute.  Sigh.  I guess I can't complain too much with the winter we've had, we have been very lucky.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jazzy T

I am entering:
Divas by Design - Spots and/or Stripes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

4 comments:

Regan said...

Ooo, this is stunning, Jaz! I love the adorable image (colored magnificently, as always), your choice of embellies, and the wonderful layout! An enchanting card all around! I couldn't read your blog post on my Blackberry sadly. The text blends into the dark patterned background so I'll have to do that when I get home. Stay safe in the snow today! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Margreet said...

What a lovely card....great coloring of the image...pretty details....thanks for joining the divas!
xxx Margreet

Kathy said...

This is so pretty Jasmine! I LOVVVE ADFD images and you've rocked this card. Love the coloring, sparkle, bling and flowers. This is stunning!