Sunday, July 21, 2013

Corrosive Challenge #179 - Fancy Folds

I'm melllllltinnnggg, mellllttttinnnggg!  OK, not really but this heat does make one feel a bit like a wicked witch whose had a bucket of water thrown on her, LOL.  At least the end should be near and the temperature should be getting a little more comfortable. 

Over at the Corrosive Challenge, we are pleased to welcome back Mayzy Art as our sponsor this fortnight.  Mayzy is offering up a $15 GV to the MayzyArt Store as a prize to our winner!  

The new challenge is "Fancy Folds", you must make a project with more than one fold.  I'm still not all that brave about trying new techniques, so I went with a good ole' twisted easel card, using Trapeze Artist.
 

 She is colored with Copics, fussy cut and popped up with foam dots.  I used a Labels 8 Spellbinder die cut in the background, then a doily in front.


I usually kind of keep things relatively simple, but I wanted to add lots of embellies to this one, I also just "winged" it instead of using a sketch.  It always takes me longer when I do that but, I am pleased with the result.

Papers:  Recollections - Bright Plaid Dots, Bright Plaid.
Embellies:  Recollections Paper Butterflies, flower, pearls and clothespin.  WOC roses and seam binding, Wilton 4" white doily, Tim Holtz adage ticket.

That's all folks, hope to see some fabulous entries over at The Corrosive Challenge !

Stay cool :-)

Jasmine

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Your card is darling. I love this image and what you have done with it, so beautifully colored and such pretty bright colors. Beautiful job!

Regan said...

SO pretty! I do love the twisted easel! Fabulous fun colors and great embellies!
{hugs}
Regan

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is such a fun creation. Love the cheerful colours.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}