Sunday, April 14, 2013

Corrosive Challenge 172 - Life's Special Moments

Although it's a little cloudy and rainy, it seems like spring might finally have decided to grace us New Englanders with it's presence.  I have lots of flowers coming up in the yard, some sweet little mini daffodils are in bloom, and there are tulips and hyacinth not that far behind.
Another month means it's time for another new challenge over at The Corrosive Challenge.  I was super happy that our sponsor this week is A Day For Daisies.  They were one of the first stamp companies I discovered and I am as much of a fan today as I was then.  Our new challenge is "Life's Special Occasions" - create a project for any of life's special moments (baby, birthday, wedding, graduation, etc). There are many fantastic A Day For Daisies images that are perfect for playing along.

I chose the lovely Beautiful Pixie.  This card is for my mom for Mother's Day, she colored this image once during a visit, so I knew she liked it.  
She is colored with Copics, with lots of stickles and glitter applied to her wings and flowers.  I made a stick pin to add a little more interest, and added some paper roses, and pearl and green stick gems, and Stampin' Up ribbon.

Papers from stash, Echo Park This and That "Flower Vine", Bazzill Basics Two Scoops "Mint Chip".

I know everyone always has some sort of special occasion to celebrate, so stop on by The Corrosive Challenge for a chance at the prize from ADFD.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jasmine


2 comments:

Regan said...

This is stunning, Jasmine! I love this image - she's one of my favorite ADFD images- and you have colored her impeccably! The glitter and sparkle on her wings are just beautiful! Your mom is going to adore it!
{hugs}
Regan

Linda Palmer said...

Gorgeous coloring on this gorgeous image. Great choice and you did a beautiful job. I love it! The bling just makes it all pop!