Sunday, March 17, 2013

Corrosive Challenge 170 - Just Dance

I don't know about anyone else, but there are few things that are more fun than blasting your favorite music, and busting some dance moves.  I used to do a lot more of it before I had my son, I went to Boston almost every weekend to hear different DJ's play electronic music, and get my groove on with the hubby.  We had a blast!  Now most of the dancing I do is playing a Wii game or hopping around the living room with my son, but it's still a good time.  Since I am such a fan of dancing, I was excited about our new challenge:  Just Dance.  Create a project with a dance themed image or inspired by dance or music.

A new challenge at The Corrosive Challenge means a new sponsor with a fabulous new prize! We are super excited to welcome back Mayzy Art as our sponsor this month! Mayzy is offering up 5 of her awesome digis as a prize to our winner! Mayzy has tons of fantastic images that are perfect for the challenge.

I started out with Break Dance, available in the Mayzy Art shop.  She is colored with Copics, cut with an oval Nestabilities, and sponged a little with yellow ink.


I popped up the image with foam squares and added the flowers and Tim Holtz Adage Ticket as the final touch.
Sketch was courtesy of Graphicat Sketches.  They used to scare me a little because they have a lot going on sometimes, but I am loving their sketches lately, and I will even be able to enter the challenge!

Papers:  Cosmo Cricket the Boyfriend "Art Appreciation"
Embellies:  WOC Roses, brads and ribbon from stash.

This was a super fun challenge, and I hope to see lots of entries.  C'mon and get your groove on over at The Corrosive Challenge!

Jasmine

5 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Such a fun card! Love the coloring!

Kathy said...

This is so much fun. I love the papers and your stellar coloring. Great take on that sketch, too!

Linda Palmer said...

Love your cute and fun break dancer. Beautiful job on coloring and great papers.

Unknown said...

I love how you used the break dancer image! Awesome coloring, and your take on the sketch is perfect! Gorgeous card! :D

Regan said...

This is awesome! Love your out of the box cutting! Amazing coloring and fabulous choice of papers! Great take on the sketch too!
{hugs}
Regan